Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wisdom of Children

Lucy knows all her letters and whenever she sees some I'll have her say what letters they are. Apparently she's sick of playing that game because I let her have a Kit-Kat bar and she saw the letters on it. I asked what letters they were. Lucy let out a big sigh and said, "I just have to eat it, mom."
(10/8/09)

Today Lucy told me that "Dad is disgusting cuz he farts. We don't eat him." Because he's not "DEEwishus."
(10/5/09)

On Sunday I went into nursery to see if Lucy needed to use the restroom between classes. They have a little slide in nursery and I saw a boy jump off the top. Lucy saw it too and went over to him and told him that he was dangerous and he would have to get in an "ambwee-ants" and go to the hospital where the doctors would give him "sharps" (shots) and they have "yucky food and not very good toys." She was really lecturing him! Totally serious, and the little boy was really listening to her too! It was so funny! I think she got all that from the other day when we were looking at her pictures and saw the ones of her in the hospital when she was one, but I don't remember telling her ALL that!
(9/21/09)

In the mornings when I shower, I turn on the TV for Lucy and it's usually the show Super Why. It's about different fairytales and how they have to change the story to get an answer to a question. During the show there is always a part where the character can't do something because their story tells them to do something else. Like the big bad wolf HAS to be big and bad because "it's in his story."
SO...one morning Lucy was stirring around in her cereal really hard and splashing out. I asked her to stop doing that and she said, "I can't, it's in my story." And that's when I realized she watches that show way too much!
(9/2/09)

On the way home in the car, Lucy started telling herself stories. They all started and ended the same with "once upon a time" and "happily ever after." Most of them involved a princess. My favorite one was: "Once upon a time, there was a cat in a cage. The princess rescued him, and they lived happily ever after."
(8/16/09)

Lucy has been very interested in what the "bad words" are. Like shut up, or butt. One day she was running around in circles saying "Boob's a bad word. Boob's a bad word." So, she caught on that they are bad words, just not that we don't say them. We'll work on that.
(8/10/09)

Lucy has been comparing people in size and age lately. So one day she told Mike's mom that she's "a big old grandma." Terrie was so happy to hear that I'm sure!
(7/15/09)

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha!!! I'm dying laughing at all her cute sayings!! It's so awesome that she can articulate her thoughts so well at such a young age--what a funny little girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great that she knows all her letters-Laken could absolutley care less!! She said H for almost every letter on her preschool pretest! Lucy is such a funny little duck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute and it's really good that you have them all written down do Lucy can laugh at them when she is older!

    ReplyDelete