(the part you didn't see is when I put the camera away and jumped around on the bubble wrap like I was 4 years old. I had to show the girls how it's REALLY done. He he he! It was fun!)
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Ughhh....
Got er dun! We just finished our first and LAST painting job. We painted our entire basement from start to finish in 2 days. (our poor children watched movie after movie for 2 days straight! Thank heavens for our tv, though! It was a GREAT babysitter. I hope I don't have to do that to them again!) It was A LOT of work but I think we did a pretty good job for novices. I learned a really good trick for getting perfect paint lines against the ceiling and baseboards. First you tape everything (we used Frog Tape, awesome!) then you get a PAINTABLE caulking and smear a very thin layer half over the tape and half on the wall. Then paint away! It was an extra step, but it worked perfect! No bleed through! Our paint edge looks better than the professionals did in our upstairs. (ok, maybe I'm a little biased...but still, I'm pretty proud.) SO...anywho...after the paint dried, we got our blinds hung up downstairs and had all this bubble wrap left over. I saved it and let the girls go wild on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment