Monday, January 24, 2011

They like their veggies!

I love my kids. They really are the best. Some days, I struggle with them, but then I have to remind myself that they are only little kids and they are learning EVERYTHING from me. (which is scary in and of its self!) So I just have to take a deep breath and sing the song "It won't be like this for long..." to myself and try to enjoy the moments be they getting along moments, or peed pants moments.

But, onto the point of my little post here. I'm pretty lucky with what my kids will eat. Lucy is a little picky, but not too bad, and then there's Lydia. She will eat almost anything. But both of them eat veggies pretty dang good. I was lazy splurged and bought a veggie tray and just let the girls go at it. It was a moment of pride, I must say. (Don't mind the messy hair. It was just after naps ok. I'm not one to fix hair if we aren't going anywhere. I think they look cute no matter what.)
(notice Lydia's dip face. she's all about the dip!)

I can slice up a cucumber and they will eat the whole thing! It's awesome. Now, I just need to join them and eat more veggies. That's my almost new year resolution.

2 comments:

  1. How awesome is that?! Go Lydia and Lucy! My kids will eat carrots and celery ok but they won't touch a cucumber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are ADORABLE! even after a nap! You are doing a great Job! Be so grateful your kids will eat. Collin doesn't eat ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete