Thursday, November 26, 2009

Counting My Blessings

This list could be so long!, but I'll keep it to a minimum. (in no particular order)
  • My Hubby. He is working so hard for our family and I know that he loves us all so much. (Love you, Mike!)
  • My Girls. Even though they screech at each other and wake me up in the wee hours of the morning, my life would be very empty without them. They fill my days with laughter and are my best form of entertainment. I cherish the moments when we all get along and learn from the dramatic tragedies that we go through. (you know how girls are!) Love you guys!
  • Our Families. We've been in school for almost 7 years now, and the support from our families have made this time much easier for us. Thank you!
  • The Church. I think we would all be very different people if we didn't have the Gospel and the guidance of our church leaders. I love the spirit and love seeing it in the people I am surrounded by.
  • Health. I don't have much but I have my health. We've been blessed to not have any challenging health problems in our family. I sure admire mom's who do have health issues in their families and are so positive. I try to raise my girls to live healthy lives and be a good example too.
Now some less important things I LOVE!
  • Good Food. I LOVE a good meal. Pork tacos at Cafe Rio. A Philly cheese steak from Charlies at the mall. Some good garlic bread. Fillet minon at Ruby River. The southwestern cob salad at Chili's...should I go on?
  • Ross. My favorite store. I can get a sweater for 9 bucks, but when I ever look at the mall, everything is at least twice as much!
  • The DI. I'm a new HUGE fan of the DI. I find the coolest things there! Decorations for my house, things similar to Pottery Barn, for like a dollar! Nice clothes for my girls. Plus when a shirt is only $2 I don't feel bad being a little creative and adding a flower applique to it, or letting her eat a red popsicle! When I have a house I want to do a furniture refinish, like a dresser or nightstand. That would be such a fun project! I love the DI
  • My big green chair. If you've sat in this chair, your bum will never want to sit in any other chair! It's the best thing at the end of a busy day. Crank it back and read a good book.
  • Good Books! Nothing better than a good read. I love being pulled into an addicting book.
  • Make-up. Without makeup, I look pretty scary. I wish I didn't have to wear it, but, alas, I do. But despite that, thank you, make-up, for making me a little less funny looking.
  • Dumb little crafts. It's just something to keep me entertained and remind myself that I do have talents outside raising my girls! (wink wink) It's a great feeling after I've created something new and it actually turns out. Here's to dumb little crafts!
Well, I'll stop there. Happy Thanksgiving. Take time to remember all that you are blessed with.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, how I love a good book! And book club is great because you get so many great ideas. :) Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder I love you Anya--we have so much in common!! Loved this list....I said, "Amen!" to a lot of it. =)

    ReplyDelete