This is an antique flat top steamer trunk. I found it at the DI for 20 bucks! These things are a hot item and I was SO excited to find one at the DI! I got there right at 10:00 when the doors open one day. (people seriously line up at the door waiting for the DI to open!) As I was examining it in the store about 5 other people came and stood behind me, or continued to circle around seeing if I was going to take it. Well. I bought it. (Mike doesn't know I bought it yet...He'll just wonder why there is a smelly old piece of garbage in our basement. But he probably won't notice it for a while...)
Someone attempted to "restore it" by spray painting the clasps gold, but did a REALLY crappy job. I'm going to attempt to restore it. This will mean lots of steel wool, elbow grease, and man hours, but I'm so excited for this project! I want to put it in our basement family room to hold blankets, when ever we get furniture down there...So, if you care...I'll post finished pictures. It might be a while till it gets done considering it's not fun to work in a freezing cold garage.

I care! I can't wait to see the finished product!
ReplyDelete