This is my new official hobby: "thrifting"! It's so much fun! Searching through loads of crap, finding things that you can't figure out what they are or where they came from, and then spotting that one awesome thing that you just know will fix up so cute with just a coat of spray paint! About 80% of my decorations are from the thrift store and the rest were either gifts, mostly from Circe, or super cheap finds at Ross or the dollar store. Mind you, I didn't find these all in a week. I've been thrifting these things since about last summer. It's a hobby of patients. Here are my finds:
Door thingies: DI, $4, painted white
Wreath: Circe
Wood utensils: DI, $0.75 each, as is.
Fruit: DI $1 each, painted white
Butterflies: DI & Savers all at different times $0.25-$0.50 each as is (I need to paint them all the same shade of white)
Headboard: DI $8, painted white
Dresser: DI $50 painted white, hardware painted "oil rubbed bronze", added glass nobs.
Wire baby carriage: DI $2 as is
Princess money bank: Savers, $3 as is
Calendar Holder: DI $4, painted black
Calendar: $1 dollar tree
Wicker organizer: DI $7, had original tags on it from Pier One for $32, as is.
Frame: DI $2 painted black.
Art inside: free from the artist Carole Taylor (I did cub scouts with her. She gave me a bunch of her prints she just had sitting around. LOVE her!)
Bag of jelly beans for potty treats: $2, walmart
Metal church tower candle holder: DI $2 as is
Shoe: Saver's $1.50 as is
Shutters: DI $1.50 each for a set of 4 shutters
Wreath: Big Lots, super cheap.
Stool: Saver's $3 potty stool painted black, mod podged paper on top.
Here are some more...
Don't you want to get up and go to your local thrift store right this second and see what YOU can find?! I DO!






You are WAY more patient then I am...I wish I could get to the DI more often so I could find cool stuff. I love your house-it was fun to come and see it-I wish we could have helped more with the moving!!!
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS AWESOME!!! YES I WANT TO GO SHOP AND FIND CHEAP THINGS NOW, MY PROBLEM IS, IS THAT I WOULDNT EVEN BEABLE TO THINK I COULD FIX SOMTHING UP, IM NOT CREATIVE! SO YOU NEED TO GIVE ME LESSONS!! YOUR HOUSE IS SO PRETTY, YOU GUYS DESERVE IT!! MISS YOU GUYS
ReplyDeleteYou amaze me!! I would love to go and do that, my problem is that i dont think i could look at somthing and think i could fix it, Im not creative, so please give me lessons. :) Your house is beautiful you guys deserve it 100% we miss you guys, ans so does Lucy!!
ReplyDeleteOh you are a girl after my own heart!! This is EXACTLY the way I shop & decorate. I have a crate of spray paint. The whole process drives Jim CRAZY!! He'd rather I just pay for a finished product up front. Ummm--nope! NOT as fun, and not as SMART! Way to go--looks great!
ReplyDelete