Monday, April 19, 2010

Wisdom of Children

Lucy: "I want a new baby. I just like my sister, but I don't want her. I want lots of new babies that aren't Lydia."
(3-19-10)

Lucy: "Cute new seagulls, grandma!"
Translation: "Cute new sandalls, grandma!"
(3-22-10)

So tonight I put the girls to bed and said, "No goofing." Lydia starts jumping up and down laughing saying, "Goof! Goof! Goof!" You see what I have to deal with!? So cute, but so naughty.
(3-22-10)

Lucy and I were talking about Reuben on his mission and Lucy said, "I just want to teach Jesus to everyone."
(3-25-10)

We were out running errands in the rain and when we got in the car Lucy noticed the windshield was all speckled with rain and asked how I would see to drive. I told her that I have windshield wipers that would clean the window for me. She thought for a minute then said, "Oh. That's nice of them. What are their names?"
(4-5-10)

We were heading out the door to go to dinner as a family, and Mike asked Lydia what she wanted for dinner and she said "Sauce!"
(4-12-10)

Out of the blue, Lucy told me, "You look like a grandma in that outfit." I don't know if that was meant as a compliment or insult...
(4-14-10)
 
Lucy had on some underwear that were a little too big for her so she told me: "I'm going to put new underware on. These ones are giving me edgies." (not too long ago they were called "itchies")
(4-17-10) 
 

2 comments:

  1. I want to see your "grandma" outfit and can you please work on the lots of babies that aren't Lydia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! You're smart to write these things down. Have you printed out a blog book yet?

    ReplyDelete