Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa Claus is comen' to town!


This year has been pretty fun with Lucy. Her favorite christmas songs on the radio are Little Drummer Boy (she'll sing "rum-pa-pa pum, rum-pa-pa-pum," over and over again) and Do You See What I See. Her favorite primary song is "Mary, Mary, hush see the Child" and she sings them all the time. She knows about Santa, and most of what is coming. She was so excited to see him at the mall. Lydia was fine to just stay with Mike.

Grandma Collier gave us this cute book of books advent calendar that tells a little part of the Christmas story every day and Lucy has really loved it. Plus I really want her to know why we have a big celebration at this time of year. It's Jesus' birthday! She's been excited about that cuz she really likes birthdays.

Here are some of our "decking of the halls."

Thank goodness for 3ft prelit trees up on desks!

Our cute knitted stockings! (no, I did NOT knit them. Not even close!)
 
And our Mamma and Pappa mice. My mom made these when I was a little kid and I've always loved them. She gave them to me last year!

Merry Christmas!
Remember:
Christ is the Gift

2 comments:

  1. I love your tree! We had to do the same with our tree too. Cute stockings and mice! Hopefully we'll have the Collier Christmas party soon so we can see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that she sat on Santa's lap, my kids have always been too chicken! I've been trying hard to remind the kids that Christmas isn't about Santa, it's about Jesus, we'll see how much of that they remember next year. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete