Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Silly things Lucy has said

Lucy fell down and "hurt" her toe. I asked her if she was ok. In between fake cries she said, "I'm heartbroken."
6/26/09

Uncle Jim is coming to visit Utah for the 4th of July. Lucy heard us talking about it and jumps up all excited and says "Jim is coming and he's bringing a party!"
6/17/09

Usually I let Lucy get a sip from her cup before I put the lid on, but I forgot and started putting the lid on. Lucy yells, "Goodnight! I want a drink!" I have no idea where she got that from!5/28/09

Lately Lucy has been pretending that her bites of food are little people. I asked her to get a bite and she said, "This is a nice guy. I'm not even going to eat him."
5/18/09

On Sunday mornings we usually have french toast, but we made waffles because we just got a new waffle maker. Lucy was really upset and said "I want french toast. I don't want awfuls."
5\10\09

Today, Lucy told me "I'm a princess and you're a queen." Then she turned back around and said, "And you get old and a witch." Thanks, Lucy.
5/9/09

For Lucy's nap I told her she could sleep on my floor or on my bed, but she wanted to sleep on her floor. I told her my bed or floor were her only options. She said, "I don't want your auctions, I want my own auctions." I don't know if she knows what options are, but I think she's catching on too quickly!
4/19/09

I was taking Lucy into the bathroom to go potty, and Lucy turned to Lydia and said, "You stay here. We will be back. It's ok."
4/14/09

Lucy said "You're impossible, mom,"after I asked her to do something.
3/29/09

On the way home from Grandma's I was telling Lucy that when we got home it was time for bed. Lucy responds "When I go to sleep I'm going to cry, sorry." At least she's giving me fair warning.
3/25/09

2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to get little glimpses into what's going on inside those cute little heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha--LOVE it!! It's so neat that she can express so much at such a young age. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete